Thursday, January 20, 2011

Open Office

Unfortunately, my experience with Open Office didn't go as well as my Google Chrome adventure. I really like the idea, but for me it was just not as workable as Microsoft Office, especially the Writer feature.  The user interface felt a little clumsy, but I could probably get past that for the price. The biggest issue I had was compatibility. If everyone accepted .odt format I would use it, but many of the places I have to send documents to are still stuck on .doc files only. I would also require that the conversions from .docx into Writer always worked right, but when I opened some of my files the formatting did not transfer correctly. To be honest, I find myself rooting for Open Office and I really think that eventually they might catch up. Sadly, Microsoft Word still has my vote – for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment